Cracked heels are a clear sign that you have not taken care of your feet and that they are dehydrated. It mainly affects the outer layer of the skin, but can sometimes also go down to the dermis and cause severe pain.
It often happens that the skin around the heels becomes very dry and does not get enough moisture. In some cases, it may also be related to zinc deficiency or lack of omega 3 fatty acids.
No matter what causes cracked heels, it is usually an aesthetic problem, but in some cases it can cause pain. However, there are home remedies that can help counteract dry skin and prevent the problem from getting worse.
Treatment for Cracked Heels with Lemon and Glycerin
This natural treatment softens the heel and reduces dryness
- Pour hot water into a large container together with coarse salt, glycerin, lemon juice and rose water. Then lower your feet for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use a pumice stone to soften the skin and make it easier to remove calluses.
- Afterwards, prepare a mixture of glycerin, lemon juice and rose water and apply directly on the heels. Put on a pair of socks and leave on overnight.
- Repeat the same treatment for four to five consecutive days.
Many times, dehydration of the skin is the leading cause of cracked heels. The use of essential vegetable oils can be very helpful in treating the problem.
- Use a large amount of coconut oil or olive oil to moisturize the skin on your heels.
- After application, put on a pair of cotton socks during the night to let the oil work while you sleep.
- Rinse it off in the morning and repeat the treatment every day.
Cream with Banana and Avocado
This cream with banana and avocado moisturizes the skin on your cracked heels.
Mix ripe bananas and avocado. Apply directly to cracked heels, leave on for half an hour and then rinse off.
Treatment with Vaseline and Lemon Juice
Vaseline and lemon soften calluses and significantly reduce the problem of cracked heels.
- Immerse the heels in warm water with salt for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dry your feet thoroughly and then apply a tablespoon of lemon juice and Vaseline on them. Put on cotton socks and leave on overnight.
Treatment with Paraffin against Cracked Heels
This natural cure is good as therapy when the heels cause pain and discomfort.
- Mix a little paraffin with coconut oil or mustard oil. Then heat a foot bath, mix it well and let it cool.
- When it is lukewarm, lower your heels. Afterwards, put on a pair of socks and leave on overnight.
Honey to Soften Your Cracked Heels
Honey has emollient properties that are very beneficial for the skin.
- Mix 2 dl honey with lukewarm water.
- Lower your feet for 15 to 20 minutes and massage.
Exfoliant with Rice Flour
This exfoliant with rice flour is good for softening the heels.
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of rice flour, honey vinegar and apple cider vinegar.
- Immerse your feet in lukewarm water for 20 minutes and then apply this exfoliating mixture with a gentle massage.
Exfoliation with Oats
This natural exfoliant with oats helps to soften the skin on the heels and make the foot look better.
- Prepare a pasta with a few tablespoons of powdered oats and a little jojoba oil.
- Apply with a gentle massage on the affected zones, leave on for 10 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
There you are! With all the above tips, you should easily get rid of your cracked heels and will be able to show off your beautiful and smooth feet during summer in fabulous sandals. Do you have any other tips to share? Leave them in a comment below.