Many women worry every day about not having the necessary budget to undergo expensive aesthetic treatments to help maintain beautiful and radiant skin. If you are one of them, you should get this thought out of your head right away, and that is that the most necessary thing to have a fresh, young and perfect complexion is a series of simple care that must be carried out on a regular basis to ensure beauty. A facial cleansing routine, adequate hydration, a facial massage, taking care of what you eat, enriching the skin with vitamins…, are simple gestures that in the long run will allow you to show off very beautiful skin. Those steps include using nourishing and moisturizing creams. But do you know what the difference between those two are? Today, we will tell you more about them. Enjoy the reading!
Nourishing and moisturizing creams are those that nourish our skin cells, feeding them with lipids and water, keeping our skin softer, more toned, elastic and with the characteristic shine of healthy skin. These creams are not for all skin profiles, so you must know what your type is in order to acquire the one that most interests you. Take a look at this section of organic nourishing and moisturizing creams and start “feeding” your skin.
Differences Between Nourishing and Moisturizing Creams
At first glance, nourishing and moisturizing creams may seem the same, but be careful because they must be applied correctly and knowing the differences and functions of each of them.
- Nourishing creams: they provide the skin with lipids, molecular formations that serve as an energy reserve for the skin, which we commonly and incorrectly call “fats”. They are usually applied at night to intensify their effects.
- Moisturizing creams: they serve for the skin to recover its hydration or water. They should be applied in the morning, with clean and dry skin, to give an extra supply of moisture. They protect from daily external aggressions such as: cold, wind, sun.
Benefits of Nourishing and Moisturizing Creams
Nourishing and moisturizing creams are good for our skin because they provide the necessary elements to keep it soft, toned, elastic and with the characteristic shine of healthy skin. Its benefits are endless to list, but among others we can highlight as main that:
- They keep the skin more elastic, soft and luminous
- They limit and smooth expression lines or wrinkles
- Recover hydration and water
- They counteract external aggressions (sun, wind, cold,…)
What Type of Skin Needs Nourishing and Moisturizing creams?
Each type of skin has specific “nutritional” needs to achieve the balance that gives it a healthy and radiant appearance. Nourishing and moisturizing creams are generally good for the skin, but each skin type needs a specific treatment according to its characteristics. We explain what these characteristics are:
– Oily skin: for this type of skin, moisturizing cream is the most suitable, it provides the water necessary to keep it properly hydrated on a daily basis without excess lipids that would make the face shine. The use of a moisturizer will always be positive if you also have normal skin.
– Dry skin: If, despite using a moisturizer, you notice that your skin is tight or dry, it means that you have dry skin and that it needs additional lipids. Nourishing creams provide softness and comfort to dry skin and are the ideal treatment to keep it firm and young.
– Combination skin: When you find symptoms of oily skin in the “T” zone (forehead, nose and chin) and you have dry skin on the rest of the face, it means you have combination skin. Each area has different needs. In this case, try opting for a good moisturizer specifically for combination skin, which offers the right formula of hydration and nutrition to take care of both areas without making them greasy or shiny.
There you are! You now know which cream to use. Do you know some tips to keep a young looking skin? Share them with us in the comments below.