What Is the Palpate-Roll Massage
– What is palpating and rolling?
– Palpating and rolling in practice
– Palpating and rolling, application modalities
– Palpating and rolling: uses and benefits
– In which case is the palpate-roll recommended?
– What are the contraindications of palpating-rolling?
Energizing, stimulating, toning, and soothing simultaneously, palpating-rolling is one of the most appreciated techniques in massage.
Used therapeutically to relieve pain, palpating and rolling are also effective in eliminating cellulite.
Among the different massage techniques such as effleurage, friction, smoothing, grinding, kneading, pressure, tapping, and vibration massage, palpate-rolling holds a vital place.
Apart from its specific virtues, palpate-rolling can offer those provided by other massage movements. Its application touches all fields: therapeutic massage, sports massage, and of course, relaxing massage.
What is palpating-rolling?
Palpate-roll is similar to kneading, except that the skin is rolled continuously over the skin surface:
– It is a manual massage that acts on both the hypodermis and the fascia. The palpate-roll dissociates the skin envelopes with a vigorous kneading by carrying out a continuous pinch with the fingers.
– Thanks to these properties, palpate, and you can use roll for aesthetic purposes (elimination of orange peel skin) or therapeutic purposes (pain relief).
The palpate-roll in practice
Palpating and rolling can be done manually or with the help of a massage device designed for this purpose. In manual palpating-rolling, the fleshy part of the epidermis is pinched between the thumb and the other fingers.
A progressive displacement of this pinch allows creating a wave effect on the skin. The kneading of the skin during a palpate-roll is relatively energetic; the use of a massage oil increases its benefits while eliminating any pain.
The palpate-roll is often used after the tapping; the palpate-roll presses the fats already heated during this first technique. This deep pressure is effective in eliminating them through the pores. The palpate-roll must last about twenty minutes to be effective, especially if the objective of the treatment is to attack cellulite.
Palpating and rolling, application method.
The palpate-roll is used for a full body massage. If used to eliminate fat, the application is mainly made on specific areas such as the inner thighs, buttocks, and hips.
On the other hand, palpate-roll is applied mainly on both sides of the spine for a relaxing treatment. Despite its immediate effect, palpating and rolling offers quick results without regular follow-up massage sessions.
Palpating and rolling: uses and benefits
The palpate-roll is used to:
– Dissociate the skin envelope.
– Unblock the hypodermis.
– Remove fat from the fascia.
– Eliminate cellulite.
– Improve the elimination of toxins.
– Eliminate stress.
In which cases is the palpate-roll recommended?
The palpate-roll is indicated:
– For the treatment of certain psychosomatic diseases.
– To eliminate cellulite, orange peel skin, and stretch marks.
– To relieve back pain and other muscular pains.
– For the treatment of migraines.
– To optimize the immune defense of the body by eliminating toxins.
What are the contraindications of palpate-rolling?
The palpate-roll is contraindicated in case of:
– Skin problem (psoriasis, urticaria, eczema…).
– Presence of hematomas or bruises on the epidermis.
– Presence of a wound or trauma on the skin.
– Presence of varicose veins.
Certain areas of the body do not support the use of palpate-roll. These include areas where there is significant lymphatic, blood, and nerve flow, such as the armpit or groin. In any case, the application of palpate-roll in these areas is useless since they never accumulate fat.
Hope this post has pleased you. Remember to share and comment…