Massages are probably one of the oldest services in the world. Did you know that they were mentioned in 2700. B.C.? Yes, even though it seems that people lived a completely different life, massages were not more important than today. In addition, many types of massage already existed at that time. In ancient times, people took no less care of their beauty and health. Massages were considered to be one of the most beneficial things for health.
These days, massage is also a very popular service. Massages range from gentle and relaxing to healing. There are a wide variety of massages: lymphatic drainage massage, acupressure massage, ayurvedic massage, full body massage, foot massage, shiatsu massage, holistic massage, underwater massage, head massage, classical massage and many more. Below, let’s learn more about massages and the different types that exist. Enjoy your reading!
Massages – What Are They for?
Massages are beneficial for both healthy people and those suffering from various health problems. One of the main benefits of massage is to reduce muscular and emotional tension and to stimulate blood and lymphatic circulation. Massages also accelerate the activity of the sebaceous glands, improve the hormonal In addition, after the massage, the skin becomes much more elastic, the scaly epidermal cells are eliminated.
Moreover, massages considerably reduce fatigue, increase energy, bring freshness and reduce pain for those who have health problems. Massages help in different cases:
- Improves immunity
- Reduces back pain
- Beneficial for pregnant women, facilitates childbirth and the postpartum period
- Strengthens the muscles
- Reduces anxiety, depression
- Helps to rejuvenate the skin
- Reduces swelling after surgery
- Helps prevent cramps
- Promotes amino acid production
- Improves sleep
- Increases energy
- Relaxes, reduces fatigue and stress
Massages are of different types, some choose complex, complete massages, others only a certain place or type of massage, but any type of massage brings great benefits to our body.
What Are the Different Types of Massages?
A facial massage is not only a pleasant procedure but also very useful. The benefits of facial massages include:
- Improves the nervous system
- Blood circulation and lymphatic system are activated
- Strengthens facial muscles
- Wrinkles are reduced
- Tightens loose facial skin
- Reduces swelling
Facial massages are of different types: anti-wrinkle, sculpting, Japanese therapeutic massage – kobido, ayurvedic, blepharoplasty, classic, harmonizing. They are all designed specifically for the facial area (sometimes the décolleté), each with unique characteristics.
– An anti-wrinkle facial is a massage after which the first positive changes are noticed very quickly. An anti-wrinkle facial massage increases the tone of the deep and mimic muscles. It also reduces the tension of facial muscles, prevents the formation of wrinkles, reduces existing wrinkles, renews the plasticity of the facial skin.
– The shaping massage is a massage in which an oval of the face is formed. This massage is performed by massaging the forearms. It is in these areas that the facial massage has a soothing effect. During this massage, fluid circulation is improved, swelling is reduced, not only the face, but also the shoulders and neck area are relaxed, and a beautiful, regular face shape is restored. If massages are performed regularly, they can become a great remedy for wrinkles, decreased skin elasticity.
– Kobido (Japanese therapeutic massage) dates back to 1472. The massage is performed on the face, neck and shoulders. This massage is performed by combining fast and strong movements with soft and slow ones. This massage stimulates the nervous system, eliminates toxins and exfoliates the skin. After such a massage, the muscles are relaxed, toned, the skin is cleansed, the aging process is stopped and the water balance of the skin is normalized.
– Ayurvedic massage is designed not only for the face, but also for the entire head. It is a massage that relaxes, improves blood circulation, rejuvenates and brightens the skin. The neck and décolleté massage also relaxes the muscles, and the head massage not only improves blood circulation, but also activates hair growth. Head massage is particularly relaxing and soothing.
– Blepharoplasty is a rejuvenating massage that stops the aging process and restores skin firmness. It is one of the most complete massages performed on the upper part of the face in order to reduce facial wrinkles, forehead wrinkles, reduce swelling around the eyes and tighten the oval of the face. For an optimal effect, it is recommended to perform at least 10 massages, followed by up to 10 months. You will then be able to enjoy a beautiful and elastic facial skin.
– A classic facial massage that is suitable for different skin types. It has a strong effect on the skin of our face, has a positive effect on the nervous system, blood circulation, acts against the appearance of wrinkles. The massage is performed in all strong, plastic movements. Classical massage is practiced both as part of courses and as a unique and preventive procedure. If you have gray, dry skin, if you have various scars, if you want to reduce the accumulation of fat under the chin, choose a classical massage course, which will include at least 5 massages.
– The harmonizing facial is a massage with a calming and relaxing effect. This massage improves blood circulation, supplies tissues with useful substances, helps to eliminate anxiety, improves sleep.
– Acupressure is a face and head massage that combines Thai and Shiatsu massages. The head massage is performed in the direction of the energy flow. The face massage is performed to harmonize and relieve tension. The massage is performed with gentle movements, but with deep pressure. During such a massage, the energy flow is harmonized, the nerves are relaxed, tensions are eliminated and headaches are reduced.
Do you want to learn more about the different types of massages? Come back to check out our second part. Until then, we would love to read about your experience of the very first massage you had; don’t forget to leave a comment below.